January 22nd – Alicia Rose, founder of Herba Buena will address the branch emphasizing her female leadership and entrepreneurship in the cannabis industry. Dena Lash will serve as moderator.
February 11th – 2:00 to 3:30 meeting will celebrate friendship. Sue Finan will serve as moderator.
March 16th – Gina Mulligan, author of Remember the Ladies, will address the membership. Pam Chaffin will be the facilitator.
Ensure Economic Equality by learning to successfully advocate for yourself – and help close the pay gap for women everywhere. Free online WorkSmart and StartSmart Programs on salary negotiation. No need to be an AAUW member.
StartSmart is specifically designed to teach you how to negotiate salaries for a new job. With WorkSmart you learn how to research your target salary, highlight your accomplishments and find the right words — and the confidence — to negotiate for better benefits and pay.
Two-Minute Activist, where you can MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD IN CONGRESS! http://capwiz.com/aauw/home/
AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
AAUW Santa Rosa does this through:
- granting scholarships for six middle school girls to Tech Trek, a summer science and math camp at Stanford University
- support for Montgomery High School Girl’s Softball for Title IX
- granting scholarships at Sonoma State University
- granting scholarships at Santa Rosa Junior College
- support of AAUW National Fund
- providing programs for its members and the public
- support and collaboration with other local women’s organizations