Please see our newsletter to read our branch Proclamation submitted to the cities of Santa Rosa and Sebastopol acknowledging AAUW’s work on Equal Pay Advancement! Thank you to our Public Policy Committee for a job well done!
March 16th – 1:30 to 3:00
Join our Public Policy Zoom Event featuring Gina Mulligan, author of Remember the Ladies, who will speak about the history of letter writing and the part it played in the efforts to communicate and organize the passage of the 19th Amendment and the Women’s Right to Vote. Please RSVP by March 8th.
PLEASE SEE NEWSLETTER FOR DETAILS!
Ensure Economic Equality by learning to successfully advocate for yourself – and help close the pay gap for women everywhere. Free online WorkSmart and StartSmart Programs on salary negotiation. No need to be an AAUW member.
StartSmart is specifically designed to teach you how to negotiate salaries for a new job. With WorkSmart you learn how to research your target salary, highlight your accomplishments and find the right words — and the confidence — to negotiate for better benefits and pay.
Two-Minute Activist, where you can MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD IN CONGRESS! http://capwiz.com/aauw/home/
AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
AAUW Santa Rosa does this through:
- granting scholarships for six middle school girls to Tech Trek, a summer science and math camp at Stanford University
- support for Montgomery High School Girl’s Softball for Title IX
- granting scholarships at Sonoma State University
- granting scholarships at Santa Rosa Junior College
- support of AAUW National Fund
- providing programs for its members and the public
- support and collaboration with other local women’s organizations